Yesterday was my last day working for Schubas and Lincoln Hall. It’s been a wild ride. I’m grateful to the people I’ve met and for the experiences we’ve shared, but I couldn’t be more excited to go work with the fine folks at Someoddpilot.
I’ve worked at the corner of Belmont & Southport for a long time, through a few job titles. Here are some random recollections.
* DJs upstairs
* The occasionally flooding basement
* Working 5 people deep in the old office. Moving to the new office that sways in the wind on breezy days.
* Tomorrow Never Knows
* Officiating Matt & Casey’s wedding.
* Attending multiple SXSWs
* Making thousands of ads, flyers, posters
* Seeing thousands of shows. Won’t even scratch this surface, because there are way too many to cover.
* Hundreds of great coworkers. Again, too many to cover here, but you’ll be missed.
* Megan & Colin’s wedding in the music room
* Meeting my future wife who, at the time, served me shift drinks
* Working music room door in the early days
* Stay Smooths of all shapes and sizes
* Live from Studio X
* Getting hooked up with access to Pitchfork, Lollapalooza, and any other concert I could ask for
* Roaming the construction site dirt pile that later become Lincoln Hall.
* Holiday party live band karaoke debauchery
* Fiona Apple fans crashing the internet
* Bjork in the DJ booth
* The two all-staff trips to Michigan city, without which I might not be married to Hannah
* Joe & the gang at Bel-port Liquors
* Boo the dog
These final few days were packed with fun lunches, sweets and well wishes. I think this picture sums it all up.
Farewell Schubas family. Hannah and I will be at the early show tonight.